12345678987654321lkj12345678987654321lkj

Main News Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 3 Fans

-Orr- Prelude -Orr- Prelude

Brilliant as ever, though I've noticed something. It may just be me, my headphones, but I'm finding the reverb on the piano in the beginning a little to jarring. I (personally) feel that a little fade, or dimness on it would fit the piece better, like the piano near the end. Again this is probably just opinion, or just a circumstance of what I'm listening with, but I just thought i should mention it.

Looking forwards to the entire piece. Wish you the best of luck.

DavidOrr responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right -- there area few issues with reverb and EQ I'm going to address before I upload the next movement!

Sometimes it's best to walk away from a piece for a few days and come back to it with a fresh listen to make fine adjustments :)

Apocalypse 2012 Apocalypse 2012

Brilliant. Exiting. Multiple progressions. You sir are a first class artist, both in music and out. I still say your best off in music, and would love at one point to commision a piece from you for a commercial game, but thats long off.

Right Hand of the Kings Right Hand of the Kings

Love Guilty Crown

One thing I could say is it lacks a certain epicness... it just feels like there is something missing. Like that feeling that all of your ears ae being filled with sound. And no, not volume, content.

8-bit Boss Battle 8-bit Boss Battle

OK,

I'm pissed at my memory now. The main theme from the beginning here was in a game I've played. I can't put my finger on which one it is, and I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic Choir Chorale Epic Choir Chorale

Well done.

It will sound better in a bigger piece, but you need to kick a few kinks in the ass before that will happen. The volume is a little unbalanced, and the synth'ed voices sound too.. well, synthesized. They lack the depth to lead a piece. The mid-level rythmic ahh's that start around 0:30 need more strength, more punch. The Bass is to soft, and to high. It overall sounds mor like a soprano, an alto and a tenor. Lastly, this choir sounds to much like just 3 people. You need to add a chorus and reverb effect to bring everything out better.

One way you could fix the synthed voice problem is make each level have a different sound to them.

WingoWinston responds:

Thanks for the tip.
Yes the voices are extremely "synthy". I think if I add more reverb and more substance to the voices; such as it is you said, I can get more depth and a more human-like feel to the sound. Essentially the only difference between the voices is that they are set at different keys (or clef) but use the exact same sampling. I'll see what I can do to fix that. Thanks again for the tips!

'10 Reprise of The Brave '10 Reprise of The Brave

OMG. I jus had a genius moment.

You and David Orr have to do a colab. I can imagine it now. A perfect blend of game and film scores. This feel is just a film score stylizationof a game score style. I can just see the possibilities.

Anyway, you have all kudos from me, as you have just put A ell of alot of action into one of my favourite pieces.

EvilRaccoon responds:

That would be awesome. However I think David is always quite a bit busy with work, which is always understandable. :)

Thanks for the comments!

(CHS) Zelda: Saria's Wish (CHS) Zelda: Saria's Wish

Wow. just Wow.

I'mjust thinking, what a great piece, the cello stands out, but doesn't "BAM" in your face, and the rest is quite speedy paced. But the "BAM" that the rest of the insruments signal for never comes. I personaly feel it could be beter, but i still think that all loz fans need to listen to this.

ChaosDragon004 responds:

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind when making another one. I've learnd some new stuff so hopefully next time it will be perfect!

'11 Sunshine (Adagio In D '11 Sunshine (Adagio In D

Just...WOW.

my jaw drops every time. this kind of work is not something anyone can achieve from just work alone. You've just surpased the barier that seperates average men from elites. If i was making a game, I would hire you. And I'm an up and coming game programer.

(WF1)Mysts of the unknown (WF1)Mysts of the unknown

Reminscent

sounds like something from Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World.

wyldfyre1 responds:

hehe glad you enjoyed it =) thanks for the listen.

Nexus - Battle Theme Nexus - Battle Theme

Very Good

It is a smoth blend of multiple instruments, with a song like feel, but still loopable. nothing BLAMS!!!!! out at you, but it works. the one thing your missing is that blam, that one lead role that just makes everything better, that one melody that is what everyone hums. the LEAD ROLE.
It reminds me of NemisisThoery's "Rose in" series.